Saturday 5 November 2011

2 Carrot Cakes, a fail before a win

I made 2 carrot cake this week. I had a abundent amount of carrots so carrot cake was naturally on the menu. I don't fancy carrots savoury, its one of my least like vegetables. Carrot cake on the other hand...well, its nor my favourite cake by any means but the carrot flavour it more stubble and it keeps the cake moist.


carrot cake numero uno. This cake rised nicely in the oven but collasped upon exiting the oven. taste wise, it was fine. Not too sweet and the cake was real moist. But it had too much of a eggy texture that resembles more of a dutch pancake. it also formed an interesting "layer" on the top that can be peeled off the unveil the cake below (see below).
Not that this was terrible or anything, just was sort of odd. It made me go :"what the..."


Unveiling Carrot Cake Dos: This was actually the 2nd time I made this recipe. I made someminor changes this time round but it was still good. I seldom do recipe repeats but this carrot cake deserved to be reapeated over and over and over again. The cake had a earthy feel to it. the texture was not too dense nor too light. It was speckled with carrots. I savoured the cake real ssllooww( for me).



90g oat flour
20g wheat bran
3/4 cup equivalent sugar
baking powder, cinnamon
100ml water
100g yogurt
200g carrots, shredded
3 egg whites-peaked
-combine the dry stuff then add water and yogurt, mix well
-add carrots, mix well
-fold in the peaked egg whites
-baked in a 8by8pan for 30 mins at 175degreeC.









No comments:

Post a Comment