Sunday 13 November 2011

Chocolate, meet Orange

Chocolate. Orange. They compliment each otherexceptionally well. The first time I tried this combination, it was when I baked a cake. I was surprised at how the citrius brought out the chocolatey flavour of the cake. So, I did repeated this flavour combo again in this simple ice cream recipe using:





2 cups almond milk + 1 cup skim milk + 1 cup water , 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 tsp stevia ( =1cup sugar), 1 tsp orange extract ( will add zest next time), 2 tsp agar powder, 1-2 tsp xanthan gum
-combine all the above over heat so agar dissolves. I use a stick blander after heating.
-freezer and stir/speed mixer every 1-2 hours after the 1st mix when mixture gets firm.

I sprinkled on some puffed rice for crunch. A rather light cocoa scented ice cream than a rich chocolatey one. This recipe makes alot as I made mine with a high air volume churned in.




one scoop,


two scoop...



all gone!




No comments:

Post a Comment