Saturday 8 October 2011

Sweet Potato Cake


This was my interpretation of this. Like I could ever follow a recipe through and through without making the slightest change.
Was good with just the right amount of sweetness. Totally digging the super rich colour thanks to the purple potatoes.
Is it just me or do purple sweet potato have a more starchier texture than its orange counterpart? The cake was really gratifying, one of those very moreish food.

makes 1 18cm round tin
300g purple sweet potato
150g nutrisoy milk
2 egg whites
30g oat flour
sweetener (=40g sugar), i used about <1/2 tsp stevia
-cook potatoes and mash them ( i used a stick blender)
-combine potatoes with 1 white, flour, mik and some baking powder till smooth
-peak the other egg white; fold in
-bake at at 170degreeC for 40-50minutes

Check out the interior!







about to take my 1st bite...














...and a third way through




This cake was eaten with a smoke haddock pie (it was a little too runny; taste was spot on though) and some cauliflower and spinach with anchovy sauces. I started off with the sweet potato cake. then I was like "woah, this is good, better save the best for last". So I proceeded to inhale the fish pie and vegetables before demolishing the rest of the cake!

1 comment:

  1. this looks great, esp with the beautiful purple colour :D i look fwd to trying this version when the purple sweet potatoes arrive! thanks for letting me know :) nothing better than seeing someone else use a recipe that i like as well!

    ReplyDelete