Sunday 23 October 2011

Project Runway season 9, before the finale

Anya should have gone home last night. The 3 pieces she showed were really blah, and the gown was so amateurishly made. Colour palate was very typical Caribbean. I have seen tropical influenced style done 10x better. I really hope she doesn't win. Judeges liked her 1st dress but I thought it rilied too much on the print, which was so "ah lian".

Then there is Josh, the gimmicky one. His collection remind me of Versace done badly. It feels like he purposely create retarded looking shapes just so its different and thus the judges can't sent him home because well, "at least its different".

Victor had the strongest 3 pieces, that was pretty obvious. Over the last few challenges, I felt he was easily miles ahead of all the rest. Though his aesthetics isn't exactly groundbreaking, His clothes are always pretty, expensive looking and very much what woman want. Plus, he sure knows how to sew, his clothes are always well made. He can blend mainstream fashion with some high-end stuff.
Again, judges loved his zipper skirt first look but I don't like it. Its a personal thing I guess. I don't like zippers on clothes unless its a hoodie/biker jacket.Haven't seen any interpretation of it that works and come across as somewahat tacky. I can see why the judges did not like the leather jacket over the flowy gown(3rd look). Both pieces are very detailed outfits and them together can be abit overwhelming and remove from the intricacies of either pieces. But I have seen it done successfully. It was by a Japanese designer ( not American/Europe based) who had an entire collection og leather jacets on top of soft girlie dresses and gowns.
I hope he decides to change the hairstyling of the models though, don't quite fancy the mullet thing he gave them.

Kimberly came into prominence with that sleeveless gold metalic blouse she made for Nina. and then after that it has been pretty much downhill. But I thought she showed some good design in these 3 pieces.
Firstly I thought she used colour more tastefully than Josh. Josh tend to use colour to shock. She does the sexy urban getto look without turning into baby Phat, which was what Kyane West recent collection became. 1st look was cool, and the acessorizing was acceptely over the top in my opinion. 2nd look well, i'm abivalent towards it. Hated it when it came out, but then I kind of grew to like it with the crazy proportions. 3rd look was just gorgeous.

That's my take on PRs9, base on everything shown thus far, Victor should win. PLEASE DONT LET IT BE ANYA OR JOSH.

No comments:

Post a Comment