Friday 14 October 2011

Mayonnaise Biscuit


Most of the time, I am a mayonnaise hater. I can't stand mayonnaise as a dipping sauce, bread spread or in manners where its taste and smell is warranted in the dish. However, I do enjoy a good tuna mayo or egg mayo. The typical flavour of mayo is not prominent at all and the mayo contributes to the creaminess texture of a tuna/egg mayo.

Anyway, I had a jar of Mayonnaise in the fridge and I was wondering what to do with it. And then I remembered reading somewhere on the web about biscuits made with mayo instead of butter eons ago. So I went in search for mayo biscuits and then made some. You cannot taste the mayo at all, which is a great thing. The biscuits had a crunchy outering and a slightly softer interior. these biscuits manage to puff up quite a bit the oven which made me happy.

28g chickpea flour
65g atta flour (a total of about 1cup flour)
4 tbsp skim milk
2 tbsp water
alot of baking powder
3 tbsp fat free mayonnaise
salt
-combine all, rest in fridge (it will be easier to handle)
-bake at 200degreeC for about 12minutes (until top is golden)
-these made 7(of un-uniform size) but daddy ate one so I was left with 6.

I had the biscuits with a big bowl of indian spiced seafood soup (shrimp and soft shell crab).

No comments:

Post a Comment