Friday 21 October 2011

Aloo Chaas

I was craving some potatoes. At the same time, I was also bored of common potato preparations. Baked potatoes, roasted potatoes ( how arw they diffrent from baked potatoes anyway?), mashed potatoes, potato hash, potato pancakes blah blah blah...so I was browing the net looking at potato recipes and saw this. I have actually by passed this recipe numerous times. But I was desperate for a potatoes!. So I made it. It was grreeaattt. Slighlyt tangy, very hearty, not too creamy.

450g potatoes, aboutt 2 inch pieces and placed in a bowl of water.
2 dried red chiles, seeded and placed in hot water
8-10g cilantro
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 cup nutrisoy milk + 1 tbsp vinegar ("buttermilk")
300g frozen spinach, softened

-blend cilantro, and chiles together. cook them
-add the garlic powder.
-add drained potatoes, turmeric and water from the chiles. simmer till potatoes are fairly tender. ( most of the water shlould be gone)
-stir in spinach and cook a little longer
-stir in buttermilk when about to serve
-inhale this scrumptious dish slowly ( u won't be able to) all by youeself.

No comments:

Post a Comment