Thursday 22 December 2011

i made pizza.


What prompted me to create a pizza was having some fromage frais in my fridge.I wanted to use it in a savoury manner.Thus, the idea of a pizza was born. No tomato sauce here, its a PIZZA BLANCA. An all white pizza. I really like this very much. The tart fromage paired real well with the salty cheddar. Plus, come sweetness from the onions and the inviting aroma from the basil...man it was devine!
After combining the 1st crust and allowing it to rest, i got paranoid that the yeast may be dead and I won't have bready crust and more like a a pancake thingy. SO i formed another dough. in the end, I had 2 sets of dough. the original dough was a wet dough while the 2nd one was alot less wet. I par-baked both and freeze the 2nd dough( its stillhhhj in my freezer) since i do not need to eat to giant pizza on my own. i could...but some control please!


crust:
3/4 cup flour(95-99g atta)
16-20g vital wheat gluten
1 tsp yeast
-combine, add water, mix well till u get a dough
-cover bowl with a wet towel, rest 30-45mins
-notes: dough is ready when u make an indent w your finger and it stays there; do not over-rise!
-notes: i like my dough slightly wetter

-on a non stick baking paper, flatten out dough into a pizza
-notes: dip fingers in water to prevent stick since this is a wet dough
-parbake the crust in a hot hot hot oven(250degreeC) for like 5-8 minutes






topping:
1st layer: fromage frais/blanc(abt 150g)
2nd layer: sliced onions, basil leaves, some salt
3rd layer: 1/3-1/2cup cheddar
-bake at 210degreeC for about 5-10 minutes, WATCH the oven!
-remove from oven, tear and eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment